APPLE VALLEY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
Training Christian Leaders Committed to Excellence
OBJECTIVES/EXPECTED SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING OUTCOMES
(Taken from the AVC Handbook, August 25, 2021)
At Apple Valley Christian Academy our students will:
Spiritual and Moral
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind (Matthew 22:37):
- Become a member of God’s family and mature in that family relationship.
- Grow in wisdom: “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (II Corinthians 10:5).
- Become excellent/virtuous people.
- Love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:38).
- Learn to respect other people/fellow image-bearers of God.
- Understand and grasp the implications of man’s sinful/fallen nature.
- Learn to understand and respect authority.
- Learn to apply Biblical thought to all areas of life (what it means to live under God’s authority).
Social and Personal
- Learn to be good stewards in God’s world.
- Learn to discover and use their unique talents and gifts.
- Learn to understand and apply God’s cultural mandate.
- Learn to live a life of service.
- Learn to be people who respect and apply God’s ideas within the various institutions of life.
- Learn to understand and apply God’s ideas on material possessions and their use.
- Learn to be good disciples of their Master, Jesus Christ.
- Learn to understand and apply God’s ideas related to a disciplined life style.
- Learn to understand and apply their role as God’s ambassadors.
- Learn to understand and practice servant leadership.
Intellectual and Academic
- Learn the tools and practices of a skilled reader.
- Learn the tools necessary to master cultural literacy.
- Learn strategies for identifying objective truth and the tools to establish real knowledge (a justified, true, belief).
- Learn to establish the attitudes and habits that lead to academic excellence.
- Learn to become an excellent thinker.
- Learn the foundational set of facts and particulars of the various subjects that create learning tools that serves the student in later stages of the learning process.
- Learn formal logic, correct argumentation, analysis of information and deductive reasoning in a manner that allows students to analyze the how’s and why’s of our physical and spiritual world through discussion, deduction, and constructive criticism.
- Learn to be excellent thinkers who can communicate their thoughts both verbally and in written form.
- Learn to become explorers with the tools to seek understanding and truth in the various academic areas.
- Learn to be able to develop, defend, and communicate a comprehensive Christian worldview.
- Develop an excellent foundation for higher and lifelong learning.